You are here
NFL Betting Picks: Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs New Orleans Saints
Do you have your Week 16 NFL betting picks? Well, I’ve got one for the game between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs the New Orleans Saints and it’s red-hot! Grab it today…
- What: Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs New Orleans Saints
- When: Saturday, December 24, 2016
- Start Time: 4:25 PM ET
- Stadium: Mercedes-Benz Superdome
- Spread: Saints -3
- Moneyline: Saints -150 vs Buccaneers +130
- Game Total: 52.5
Betting on the Buccaneers…
The Bucs nearly went 6-0 out of their last six games, but the Dallas Cowboys stopped that streak cold when they defeated them last Sunday, 26-20. Up next are the New Orleans Saints which Tampa Bay already had defeated back in Week 14. The Buccaneers have a good shot at beating the Saints once more though they’ll need a better output from the offense that didn’t perform as expected against the Cowboys. Quarterback Jameis Winston passed for 247 yards and two touchdowns in that game, but he was also sacked four times along with being picked off on two occasions. Tampa Bay should capitalize on the Saints’ weak defense, that’s among the worst in the league.
The defense will have its work cut out for them in trying to stop the ever-dangerous Drew Brees who leads a Saints’ offense that leads in total yards per game on average (423).
Betting on the Saints…
New Orleans is powered by the offense and they’re counting on Brees and company to get the job done once more. They’ll have to rely on a high offensive output because of how bad the defense is. Last game against the Cardinals, saw Brees pass for 389 yards and four touchdowns with zero interceptions against a defense that was among the best in the league.
Though Tampa Bay’s offense is not as good as that of Arizona’s, New Orleans’ defense really needs to pull its weight. The Saints’ defense seems to be asleep, lulled by their offense’s output; however, this game will take a full-team effort if New Orleans is to make it forward into the postseason.
- Tampa Bay is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
- Tampa Bay is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Tampa Bay's last 5 games
- Tampa Bay is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- New Orleans is 2-3-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- New Orleans is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of New Orleans' last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of New Orleans' last 12 games at home
Game Prediction: New Orleans wins 26-20